Tuesday 19 July 2022

#532 (twelve months to the year)

twelve months to the year

each month its own little quirks,

each month its flavour.


over my shoulder

I look, as well as ahead,

at January's start.


rituals of love -

new, old, hopeful, unreturned,

mark each Febru’ry.


the first flower blooms

of pink and yellow and blue

start the March of Spring.


they say it will rain

in April, little showers.

oft it is sunny.


no violent winds now,

but stormy for exam kids

in the month of May. (and June).


starting to seek to

be curled up and napping like

Leighton’s Flaming June.


sand between my toes, 

ankle deep in cooling surf -

July beach visit.


ice creams near daily

on my holiday abroad

in the August heat.


don’t have to let go

of longer evenings in a

balmy September.


autumn, halloween -

the colours of their template

start in October.


the bonfire smells

don’t last long enough for me.

early November.


the festivities

I have lived through the year for,

throughout December.


twelve months to the year

we circle through them and then

we circle again.

No comments:

Post a Comment