Wednesday 12 October 2022

#574 (On the Elizabeth Line for the first time)

(Setting the scene)


A night at the pub,

The car left on the driveway - 

To the purple line!


(Ilford to Maryland; Maryland to Liverpool Street)


Before and after 

The working day it was

Just the same as before - 


That part of the line

Changed yet unchanging just yet.

That’s for the future.


(Liverpool Street to Farringdon)


Excitement in the

Change, rushing across the way,

Something new awaits.



It's like a vortex!

You go down the escalator 

And get sucked right in.


Inside the vortex,

Platforms so new and modern

I stared in wonder.


A Queue announcement.

(The lying in state one that’s

Dating this story.)


Out of the vortex,

Diamonds and gems to greet me.

I don't know that side.


(Back at Liverpool Street, between the Metropolitan and Central Lines)


Between my two lines,

A new people stream upsets

My old shortcut’s flow.


(After)


The purple line was

Quiet, the red line noisy.

I had forgotten.


Bedtime and happy -

A new place explored but yet

So much more to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment